Strategic Relations (SR) is Singularity University’s enterprise client acquisition team. As Vice President of Strategic Relations, you will manage and lead a team of nine senior consultants focused on building relationships with new enterprise clients. Your focus will be driving pipeline and revenue growth, recruiting and ramping new directors, and ensuring ongoing training and support in close coordination with the Enterprise client delivery and Marketing teams. You will be an internal role model and external brand evangelist.
Cultivate and develop a high performing team.
- Oversee recruitment and training of high-caliber, experienced strategic relations directors. Optimize current onboarding and enablement programs.
- Provide leadership and day-to-day management. Define and manage quarterly OKRs to complement bookings and revenue goals. Ensure compensation plans are motivating the right behaviors.
- Foster a culture of trust, mutual respect, and collaboration.
- Strengthen internal understanding and appreciation of the Strategic Relations function and the roles it performs in delivering and enabling value globally.
- Strengthen reputation as an employer of choice, and a team that top sales professionals want to join.
Deeply understand our markets, target audiences, and portfolio of solutions.
- Develop and maintain a high level of understanding of SU’s key markets (enterprise, consumer, ventures), target audiences and their needs/wants, and our portfolio of B2B/B2C solutions.
- Ensure the team is a valuable source of market and customer insights. Develop efficient mechanisms to socialize feedback with key stakeholders to inform new product development opportunities, improve existing products/services, and strengthen marketing communications.
Meet or exceed client development and revenue targets.
- Manage the entire client development cycle, from lead sourcing through closing.
- Work closely with Marketing, Sales Operations, and Sales Development to continuously monitor and optimize lead flow and conversion. Regularly interrogate all funnel data to identify both process optimization and new sales opportunities.
- Support the ongoing evolution of a new Sales Development function. Determine optimal lead distribution methodology.
- Use consultative sales methodologies to identify client needs and effectively position appropriate SU solutions. Foster the team’s evolution from transactional to consultative selling. Continuously identify and share new/better ways to communicate the value of a long-term relationship with SU.
- Regularly evaluate the overall pipeline to ensure we are on track to achieve quarterly and annual bookings and revenue goals. Review each director’s pipeline to identify opportunities to provide deal support and ongoing training/development.
- Engage prospects and clients regularly to solicit feedback re: organization-wide performance and identify emerging unmet needs/wants. Foster an organizational customer-centric mindset.
- Ensure effective and efficient processes are in place for securing approvals for non-standard terms and finalizing legal contracts in collaboration with Product, Finance, Legal, and Sales Operations teams.
- Build and maintain trusted and productive cross-functional relationships, particularly with Product, Marketing, Legal, Finance, and Ecosystem.
- Ensure we are using appropriate technologies to support the end-to-end sales process. We are currently using Marketo (marketing automation), Salesforce (CRM), Onit (legal contract management), and Adaptive (financial planning).
Be an exceptional corporate citizen.
- Champion the SU brand and mission globally, contributing positively to the company’s reputation and impact.
- Exhibit good stewardship over our resources.
- Be an active participant in transforming the way that people view the future and the role they can play in shaping it.
- Contribute insights and ideas regularly that move the team and organization forward.
- Protect SU’s value by maintaining confidentiality of information.
- Be a champion of diversity and hold yourself and others accountable for creating an inclusive culture.
We’re looking for candidates with:
- 10+ years of sales or business development experience.
- 5+ years of sales management experience.
- Experience selling professional services, innovation solutions and/or executive education solutions to Fortune 1000 executives globally.
- Proven success managing a team that has achieved $10M+ in annual sales.
- Demonstrable experience building long-term relationships with enterprise customers.
- Working knowledge of global channel programs.
- The ability to navigate a fast-growing, complex, global organization.
- Exceptional communication (verbal/written) and influencing skills.
- A bias for action and driving results.
- An interest in working for a mission-driven organization that is focused on creating positive impact in the world.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, or equivalent work experience.
- The ability to travel as needed.
The position primary work location will be at SU headquarters in Santa Clara, CA. The position needs to be based in the San Francisco Bay Area to facilitate regular interaction with the Strategic Relations team and other stakeholders.
Why Work at Singularity University?
Singularity University is a Certified B Corp blending for-profit structure with mission-based vision and values. We aspire to impact billions of lives globally using exponential technologies, and we see these technologies as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and value creation.
Here are some of the benefits we offer:
- Health coverage with generous employer contributions.
- A full suite of additional benefits (disability, life insurance, FSA/HSA, Employee Assistance Program, etc.).
- Equity in Singularity University for all employees.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- 401(k) plan.
- Employees have access to most Singularity on-campus workshops and learning events. We connect you (and our clients) with the greatest minds in Silicon Valley and beyond.
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for, both within our community and with our employees:
- We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable and leaves no one behind.
- We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
- We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our action.
- We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
- We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
- We take Moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
- Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
- We are exponential.
At Singularity University, we are united in our common purpose to empower a diverse global community of 200,000 leaders, entrepreneurs, and inspired solvers working to tackle humanity’s most urgent challenges and achieve success in an era of unprecedented disruption. We support our community and clients through empathy and acceptance, and we are cultivating a new kind of customer hero through our innovative and transformative programs. Fulfilling our mission entails a commitment to inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work alongside, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the SU family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.