Are you invigorated by seeking out mutually beneficial partnerships with other organizations? Do you relish time that you spend nurturing long-term partner relationships?
Singularity University is looking for an energetic Director of Channel Partnerships to build a system of resellers of Singularity University products and services around the globe. You will work collaboratively with our Strategic Relations team, the Ecosystem team, SU Faculty, and others. Channel Partners for SU include Country Partners, Chapter leadership, and companies with business relationships with SU, such as Deloitte. This is an exciting opportunity to build and manage a network of partners by driving revenue, recruiting new partners, and supporting existing ones. You will also build out the Channel team. If you’re intrigued by the idea of joining rapidly growing social venture and setting up the channel function, you may be the right person for the job.
- Expand the universe of SU channel partners by identifying and pursuing potential partners and alliances around the globe.
- Assemble and coordinate the pursuit of each new potential partner / alliance member.
- Support channel partners as needed to drive individual sales.
- Engage in people management and supervision in ways that consistently raise the bar on sales performance and simultaneously build trust with subordinates, develop employee capabilities, and facilitate an environment of mutual respect.
- Ensure that members of the Strategic Relations and Ecosystems teams are fully versed in SU’s full suite of offerings for channel partners.
- Ensure that channel sales reporting is clear and accurate.
- Build a reputation as an employer of choice and a team that top sales professionals want to join.
Our Requirements (you must have)
- At least ten years of sales or business development experience.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, or equivalent work experience.
- The ability to travel as needed, including multiple, consecutive nights away from home.
About You (we’d like it if you have)
- Proven success managing a business development or channel sales team that has achieved annual sales quotas at or above $5M.
- Proven success guiding and managing the work of other business development professionals.
- Experience selling innovation solutions, executive education, and/or professional services.
- Effective communication skills, particularly in simplifying complex technology concepts.
- Proven success as both an individual contributor AND a member of a collaborative sales team.
- An interest in working for a mission-driven organization, with a focus on creating a positive impact in the world.
- Proven success earning the trust and confidence of colleagues across the company.
- An advanced degree from an accredited university. An MBA is highly preferred.
This position’s primary work location will be at SU Headquarters, Mountain View, CA or remote within the United States. We prefer candidates based in Mountain View or Southern California.
Why Work at Singularity University?
Singularity University is a B Corp blending for-profit structure with mission-based vision and values. We aspire to impact billions of lives globally using exponential technologies, and we see these technologies as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and value creation. For more information, visit us at su.org.
Here are some of the benefits we offer:
- Health coverage with generous employer contributions
- A full suite of additional benefits (disability, life insurance, FSA/HSA, Employee Assistance Program, etc.).
- Equity in Singularity University for all employees.
- 401(k) plan.
- Unlimited vacation days.
- Employees have access to most Singularity on-campus workshops and learning events. We connect you (and our clients) with the greatest minds in Silicon Valley and beyond.
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for, both within our community and with our employees:
- We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable and leaves no one behind.
- We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
- We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our action.
- We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
- We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
- We take Moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
- Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
- We are exponential.
Singularity University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. SU is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.