Singularity University (SU) provides transformational learning experiences for entrepreneurs and executives and helps them to see the opportunities for global impact in exponential technologies like artificial intelligence, digital biology, and quantum computing. Strategic Relations is SU’s global sales team.
As Director of Strategic Relations, you will be responsible for building and managing relationships, and closing the sale of solutions with Fortune 1000 companies, governments, and other organizations around the globe. By building trusted relationships with senior leaders, you will help meet clients’ business objectives related to innovation and growth and help further Singularity’s social impact mission.
We are currently focusing our recruiting in the San Francisco Bay Area and in major U.S. cities. Our headquarters are in the NASA Research Park in Mountain View, California.
- Lead the entire sales cycle, from lead through closing. Provide fact-based pipeline management.
- Provide high-touch account management and client services throughout the sales process and program delivery.
- Build trusted relationships at the executive level with both current and prospective customers and business partners.
- Provide thought leadership that helps to advance customer needs and company interests.
- Work with Product Managers across SU to design customized solutions that meet customers’ needs.
- At SU conferences and events, promote Singularity and its partners.
Our Requirements (you must have):
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, or equivalent work experience.
- At least five years of sales experience, with a focus on professional services sales to senior executives at large organizations.
- The ability to travel as needed, including multiple, consecutive nights away from home.
About You (we’d like it if you have):
- Experience selling innovation- related solutions, education, or products.
- Experience selling complex solutions or services in the US$100,000 to greater than $1,000,000 range.
- Proven success with responsibility for sales quotas at or above $2 million.
- An advanced degree from an accredited university. An MBA is preferred.
- Past success building long-term relationships with customers.
- Strong communications skills, for example in simplifying complex technology concepts.
- Proven success as both an individual contributor AND a member of a collaborative sales team.
- An interest in working for a mission-driven organization, with a focus on creating a positive impact in the world.
Why Work at Singularity University?
Singularity University is a Certified B Corp blending for-profit structure with mission-based vision and values. We aspire to impact billions of lives globally using exponential technologies, and we see these technologies as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and value creation.
Here are some of the benefits we offer:
- Health coverage with generous employer contributions.
- A full suite of additional benefits (disability, life insurance, FSA/HSA, Employee Assistance Program, etc.).
- Equity in Singularity University for all employees.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- 401(k) plan.
- Employees have access to most Singularity on-campus workshops and learning events. We connect you (and our clients) with the greatest minds in Silicon Valley and beyond.
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for, both within our community and with our employees:
- We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable and leaves no one behind.
- We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
- We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our action.
- We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
- We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
- We take Moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
- Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
- We are exponential.
At Singularity University, we are united in our common purpose to empower a diverse global community of 200,000 leaders, entrepreneurs, and inspired solvers working to tackle humanity’s most urgent challenges and achieve success in an era of unprecedented disruption. We support our community and clients through empathy and acceptance, and we are cultivating a new kind of customer hero through our innovative and transformative programs. Fulfilling our mission entails a commitment to inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work alongside, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the SU family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.