Would you like to shape the visual identity and brand for an organization providing products and solutions that address the world’s most pressing challenges?
For 10 years, Singularity University has been inspiring a growing global community to leverage advanced technologies to address the world’s most pressing challenges.
As Singularity University’s Senior Designer, Brand and Marketing you’ll be shaping our visual identity across all marketing channels, our global brand, and all sub-brands. You will be both a self-starter able to work independently on our visual identity and a leader able to hire and manage contractors when appropriate. You’ll own the visual strategy for marketing that delivers business results. You’ll drive the development of marketing assets such as webpages, emails, social media graphics, sales presentations, Facebook ads, business cards, and everything in-between.
The Major Responsibilities:
- Design marketing assets that drive business results including our website, digital ads, landing pages, infographics, social media graphics, printed collateral, event graphics, video, and more.
- Design assets as needed across all channels and mediums.
- Partner with marketing leads to develop assets to support marketing campaigns.
- Play a critical role in the design update for the website and advise on product UI/UX.
- Leverage data and A/B testing to make recommendations to improve asset performance in marketing campaigns.
- Experiment with new mediums such as AR, VR, and MR.
Build and manage a visual identity system that scales across channels, mediums, geographies, and languages.
- Manage and iterate materials and global brand style guide for SU and its partners.
- Work across teams to implement a design system in products, programs, and physical experiences delivered by other teams.
- Keep assets up to date, organized, and easily accessible for others to use on demand via a DAM system.
Project manage multiple work streams simultaneously.
- Keep all projects on time and under budget.
- Ensure design consistency among projects and design resources.
- Development of schedules and management of outside resources in alignment with those.
Manage an on-demand team of contractors, agencies, and vendors to deliver results
- Build out a team of contractors to support the evolving needs of the business.
- Manage agency relationships for ongoing projects such as new building branding, website refresh, and visual identify refresh.
- Make smart decisions about budgeting and find opportunities for leverage and scale.
- Be a leader across the org to drive higher standards for design and design consistency.
Bring a fresh perspective that pushes the boundaries of what’s possible
- Make the visual aspect of our brand match the brand values out in the world - futuristic, optimism, cutting edge.
Our Requirements (you must have):
- At least four years of experience as a graphic, visual, or marketing designer.
- A portfolio containing examples of the newest design trends as well as mastery of the traditional best practices for your mediums.
- Experience in digital UI/UX.
- Mastery of design across multiple screens and media.
- Expert-level software skills: Sketch, Adobe, Google Apps.
- Strong communication skills with team members and clients.
About You (we’d like it if you have):
- Two or more years in of managing either employees or contractors.
- A track record for building remote and on-demand design teams.
- A portfolio containing non-digital elements.
- A good understanding of web development techniques and best practices.
- A desire to learn new tools and techniques and share them with the team.
- Ability to work within established brand guidelines and technology constraints while demonstrating big-picture thinking.
- A history of building and following processes and procedures that allow an organization to scale.
- Experience working across functional teams (engineering, product, marketing, customer success and more).
- A 2-4 year degree in graphic design or visual communications.
The position primary work location will be at SU headquarters, Moffett Field, CA, or remote within the United States.
Why Work at Singularity University?
Singularity University is a B Corp blending for-profit structure with mission-based vision and values. We aspire to impact billions of lives globally using exponential technologies, and we see these technologies as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and value creation. For more information, visit us at su.org.
Here are some of the benefits we offer:
- Health coverage with generous employer contributions
- A full suite of additional benefits (disability, life insurance, FSA/HSA, Employee Assistance Program, etc.).
- Equity in Singularity University for all employees.
- 401(k) plan.
- Employees have access to most Singularity on-campus workshops and learning events. We connect you (and our clients) with the greatest minds in Silicon Valley and beyond.
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for, both within our community and with our employees:
- We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable and leaves no one behind.
- We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
- We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our action.
- We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
- We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
- We take Moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
- Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
- We are exponential.
At Singularity University, we are united in our common purpose to empower a diverse global community of 200,000 leaders, entrepreneurs, and inspired solvers working to tackle humanity’s most urgent challenges and achieve success in an era of unprecedented disruption. We support our community and clients through empathy and acceptance, and we are cultivating a new kind of customer hero through our innovative and transformative programs. Fulfilling our mission entails a commitment to inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work alongside, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the SU family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.