Are you passionate about creating learning experiences that will inspire others to transform the world?
As a member of the Curriculum and Learning Design team at Singularity University, you will collaborate with product managers, producers, marketing staff, faculty, and others to help design compelling in-person and online learning experiences for our program participants. You’ll create visually appealing graphics that enhance the impact of our face to face and online learning experiences. You will also manage and enrich the learning and curriculum assets in our content library. You will be a member of a team of highly-skilled learning design professionals and have the opportunity to further develop your skills. This is an opportunity to contribute to the success of a rapidly growing B Corp with an important social mission, and see your own career develop too.
- Design and develop learning experiences in close collaboration with product managers, subject matter experts, and faculty.
- Maintain, manage, and improve curriculum and learning assets in the content library.
- Develop graphics and other visual elements to enhance the aesthetics of online and in person learning assets.
- Enhance and improve existing program curricula and learning experiences.
- Adapt learning assets and curricula to meet the needs of multiple programs (both online and in person).
- Develop visually appealing learning asset templates (including lesson plans, presentations, activity worksheets) that are consistent with the brand style guide.
- Perform quality assurance reviews on existing curriculum and learning assets.
- Use evaluation data and direct observations of learning programs to document program curriculum and identify improvement targets.
- Review, edit, and improve faculty, expert, and staff contributions to maximize impact on defined learning outcomes.
Minimum Requirements (you must have):
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience.
- At least one year of experience in learning experience design or related field, for either a non-profit or for-profit entity, and knowledge of best practice in learning design.
- At least one year of experience working closely with subject matter experts on the design and implementation of course materials, either face-to-face and/or online.
- The ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
About You (we’d like it if you have):
- Exceptional attention to detail, ensuring that all materials are accurate, clear, concise and error-free.
- An eye for good visual design, and experience designing and developing professional and visually engaging assets.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- An interest in working for a mission-driven organization, with a focus on creating a positive impact in the world.
Your primary work location can be at headquarters in Mountain View, CA, or remote within the United States.
Why Work at Singularity University?
Singularity University is a B Corp on a mission to improve the lives of billions of people. We provide transformational learning experiences for entrepreneurs and leaders and help them to see the opportunities in exponential technologies like artificial intelligence, digital biology, and quantum computing. Learn more about us at www.su.org. We see these exponential technologies as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and social impact.
Here are some of the benefits and perks we offer:
- Health coverage with generous employer contributions
- 401(k) plan
- Equity in Singularity University for all employees
- A full suite of additional benefits (STD/LTD, Life Insurance, FSA/HSA, Employee Assistance Program, etc.)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Cold brew coffee and tea on tap
- Kitchen stocked with healthy snacks
- Lunchtime meditation group
- NASA Research Park location
- Costume parties, happy hours, and other fun events for friends and family
- Access to some of the greatest minds in Silicon Valley
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for both within our community and with our employees:
- We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable and leaves no one behind.
- We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
- We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our action.
- We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
- We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
- We take Moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
- Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
- We are exponential.
Singularity University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. SU is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.