As Director of Sales for Strategic Relations (DSR) you will be responsible for building and managing relationships, and closing the sale of innovation & learning programs with Fortune 500 companies, governments, and others. Through solution selling and consultative selling, you as the DSR will help meet customers’ needs, increase SU’s reputation and brand perception and maximize revenue within a defined vertical. Strategic Relations is Singularity University’s (SU) domestic and international sales team.
Singularity University provides transformational learning experiences for entrepreneurs and executives and helps them to see the opportunities in exponential technologies like artificial intelligence, digital biology, and quantum computing.
Competitive base salary and incentive pay schedule. Full benefits including unlimited paid time off.
Some of the Position’s Responsibilities:
- Actively manage the entire sales cycle, from new customer identification through closing. Provide fact-based pipeline management.
- Provide high-touch customer support and contact throughout the sales process and program delivery.
- Build and maintain a set of high-level and cross-functional relationships, with both current and prospective customers and other business partners.
- Provide thought leadership which helps to advance customer needs and company interests.
- Design customized solutions which meet customers’ needs. Work with product managers to leverage multiple SU products when possible.
- Promote SU products at SU conferences and events.
Why You Will Want to Work at Singularity University:
Singularity University (SU) has a globally recognized brand. We employ a vibrant workforce of bright and dedicated individuals, who love technology, and who are exceptional in their respective fields.
Here are some of the benefits and perks we offer:
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health coverage with generous employer contributions
- Robots, 3D printers, and VR machines, oh my!
- 401(k) plan
- Equity in Singularity University for all employees
- A full suite of additional benefits (STD/LTD, Life Insurance, FSA/HSA, Employee Assistance Program, etc.)
- Cold brew coffee and tea on tap
- Kitchen stocked with healthy snacks
- Lunchtime meditation group
- NASA Research Park location
- Costume parties, happy hours, and other fun events for friends and family
- Access to some of the greatest minds in Silicon Valley and beyond!
Our Requirements (you must have):
- A bachelors degree from an accredited university, or equivalent work experience.
- At least five years of sales experience, with a focus on sales to senior executives at large organizations.
- The ability to travel as needed, including multiple, consecutive nights away from home.
About You (we’d like it if you have):
- Been responsible for selling innovation products or executive education products.
- Been responsible for selling solutions in which the deal size is at minimum $50,000 and the average is greater than or equal to $200,000.
- Proven success with responsibility for sales quotas at or above $2M.
- An advanced degree from an accredited university. An MBA is highly preferred.
- Demonstrable past experience successfully building long-term relationships with customers.
- Successfully created demand for intangible solutions.
- A proven record as a communicator, especially in simplifying complex technology concepts.
- Proven success as both an individual contributor AND a member of a collaborative sales team.
- An interest in working for a mission-driven organization, with a focus on creating a positive impact in the world.
- Proven success earning the trust and confidence of colleagues across the company.
Are You a Fit at Singularity?
We are looking for individuals who believe the world needs an organization dedicated to addressing serious global issues by fully embracing the power of disruptive and exponentially growing technologies. Our fast-paced environment requires coordination and constant interaction with bright minds and the newest technologies from a variety of disciplines. We have ambitious ideas and plans and need the right people to help develop and execute them.
Singularity University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. SU is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.